Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, September 26, 2005


Would You Believe. . . . ?

. . .that the man who made that line famous died today. That's right 86 was 86ed at 82. I'm talking about Mr. "Sorry About That Chief". . whose clipped delivery, honed as a USMC drill instructor, created those iconic sayings of the 60's.
Don Adams was brilliant. It was reported that he didn't rehearse. . .he simply had his assistant read the lines to him and he ususally got it right the first time. He also did the voice of Inspector Gadget, but I will never forget him as "A Small Penguin Who Tried But Can't Succeed-O".
Get Smart was a great show. . . I wonder if the fact that Mel Brooks and Buck Henry were the writers had anything to do with it.
Adams was born Donald James Yarney.
Oh. . and he fought at Guadalcanal!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

And loving it!

Hey, Stewdog, how come you're doing all the heavy lifting on on the blog these days? Did the rest of the Rumpus abandon you?

September 27, 2005 4:21 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Those slakers KM and WD are off doing their own thing, so I'm making like Gunga Din and carrying their water for a few days. I just hope that they didn't get arrested along with St. Cindy.

September 27, 2005 7:34 AM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

I'm baaa-aaaack!

Hey, C.I.V. -- I've been out of town since Thursday, but I'm back and ready to blog.

Stewdog, you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

September 27, 2005 8:23 AM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

He fought at Guadalcanal? He should be prouder of that than anything he did on Get Smart (good as it was). God rest his soul.

September 27, 2005 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home