Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Saturday, June 14, 2008


Morning Musings

This Dog has actually had to work for a living lately, explaining my AWOL status. A few thoughts have passed my way:

1. Tim Russert. I'm sorry for his family that they lost a young dad. But the inevitable outpouring from the MSM after losing one of their own is a bit too much. He was a newsman, not a deity!

2. Weather. Nasty weather in the Midwest, but can we have one story about flooding or tornadoes that does NOT tie it to global warming?

3. Mason Family. One of the murderers has brain cancer and 6 months to live. Wants out. Hmmm. . .I leave those decisions to the family members of the victims. They vote no. They have my proxy.

4. Election. OK, Dad's drunk. . do we give the car keys to Grampa or the Teenager? I'll go with Grampa's experience, thank you.

5. Dana Carvey. . . HBO special tonight. Have to watch that one.

6. Longevity. My 93 year old father just bought a new car! He lives dangerously by buying green bananas.

7. Father's Day. . . . A very Happy one to all the Dad's out there. . Top Dog, Wonder Dog, and Kate Marie's main man included.

3 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Yo, Stewdog, did your dad take out a 10-year car loan? That's living dangerously.

Seriously, way to go StewDad.

My grandmother once bought a fancy new car -- it was bait to get the grandkids to drive her places. Worked like a charm. She lived to nearly 100, then refused surgery because it was time to go.

Happy father's day SD, WD, Sadeeq, and any Rumpusers I forgot.

June 14, 2008 12:06 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

No loan. . .traded in the old Buick, got a 3K rebate and a good discount and wrote a check for the rest.
The Mercury Sable was a surprise to me, but it had the big trunk he wanted, the 5 star crash testing and traction control that I wanted for him, and I even talked him into leather and the top of the line stereo!

June 14, 2008 3:08 PM  
Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Number 4's a good one.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

June 14, 2008 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home