Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Tuesday, August 26, 2008


Gag

Take a look at this new music video tribute to Obama, if you can stomach it. It includes a bunch of celebrities clasping their hands in prayer and singing, "When you get to the top of the mountain, remember me."

It's transcendently creepy.

ADDED: Ross Douthat: "I don't have the foggiest idea where someone would get the strange, strange notion that Barack Obama is being depicted with language and images usually reserved for a millenial cult leader. Obviously, those fiendish Republicans have made the whole thing up!" Douthat has lots of links. Check it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wonderdog said...

Couldn't link the video, darnit.

I wonder where I can get an Obama figure to attach to my dashboard.

Let's sing it:

"I don't care of it rains dear Momma
as long as I got my plastic Obama
riding on the dashboard of my car"

August 27, 2008 4:44 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

I think I fixed the link. Click at your own risk.

August 27, 2008 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home