Hard to see the dark side is
Every time I have to watch that abomination, my esteem for the Jedi diminishes.
1. Midichlorians. What the . . . ? So the Jedi are some sort of master race?
2. Yes, Jar Jar Binks is universally and deservedly reviled. But my theory is that he's a diversion. By focusing on their hatred of Jar Jar Binks, the audience fails to see how spectacularly ineffectual the Jedi are as protectors of the galaxy.
3. Up shut, Yoda. Every time I hear him say, "Hard to see the dark side is . . ." it reminds me how stupid the Jedi are in these three prequels. It takes the Jedi the length of three tedious and terribly acted movies to realize who the bad guy is -- a realization that should have been obvious to any Jedi with a halfway decent midichlorian count from the first scenes of The Phantom Menace.
4. Yes, the little boy is a terrible actor, and what's his name, the guy who plays the "adult" Annakin, is also famously awful, but have you ever noticed how horrendous Natalie Portman is in these movies? For one thing, her lips barely move when she speaks. It's like she's practicing for some Edgar Bergen biopic. I also think Padma the Insufferably Self-Righteous and Annakin the Insufferably Petulant deserve each other.
5. I don't get it. How, exactly, does Annikan "bring balance to the Force?"