Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Tuesday, September 16, 2008


More from the "Was Obama vetted?" files

Don't hold your breath waiting for an investigation. The MSM's got all their people poring through the minutes of P.T.A. meetings in Wasilla, Alaska.

UPDATE: Glenn Reynolds notes that the Obama camp's denial seems rather weak. But that's as far as it's going to go, I'm sure. Most of the media seem to take the pronouncements of the Obama campaign as sacred writ -- thus, their failure even to look into questions like this, or into the legislative histories of the sex-ed bill, the "born alive" bill in the Illinois state senate, or the particulars of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Holy cow! Don't you wish somebody videotaped those conversations? Hey, if anybody did, please post it on YouTube, preferably with English subtitles.

KM, what do you do when an acquaintance spots a McCain bumper sticker and says, "Oh! Can you believe it? How can anybody vote for McCain" (okay, I'm with you so far -- I never cared for him much) "and that idiot he's running with?"

I replied, "Oh, I like her. She can hunt moose!"

"She's an idiot."

Methinks this is east coast and/or elite college snobism at work. A refusal to get beyond Sarah's accent and non-name brand college education. I can't imagine calling a governor an idiot while supporting somebody who has never run anything and has spent his short tenure in the Senate running for President. I mean, even HRC waited until her second term before running for another office.

September 16, 2008 7:40 AM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

Yeah, maybe the National Enquirer can send some people out to Iraq to look into it. They seem to be doing at least *no worse* a job than most of the "respectable" media these days.

Uggh. I hate conversations like the one you had with your acquaintance. I'm getting more cantankerous in my old age, though. I figure, if the person is *idiotic* and rude enough to comment on politics without having any idea what my politics are, they deserve to be made a little uncomfortable. I used to stay silent when people presumed like that, but I do it less now. I think you would have been justified in speaking your opinion of Obama out loud.

As for McCain, I like him more than I ever did -- though I never hated him like some of the "base" seemed to. I suppose the one smart thing that Obama did was to refuse to meet with McCain in a series of town hall forums, because McCain comes off really well in that format.

September 16, 2008 7:54 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

We don't even see McCain bumper stickers in the bluest Valley or LA. Why risk getting your car keyed?

September 16, 2008 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home