Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, October 31, 2004


If Only She Was Just Cheating On Me

The Stewdog has a mixed marriage, and come Tuesday, my bride will step to the polls, close the curtain (anybody else remember those days?) and effectively cancel out many of my election choices. In years past, I have tried to convince her that due to high turnout at the polls, Republicans will cast their votes on Tuesday, while Democrats will go to the polls on Wednesday, but she has never bought it.
Today, the comic strip Mallard Fillmore featured us. There is pictured a husband and wife getting ready for bed. Above the pillows are found a Bush poster above his head and a K***y (too early for obscenity) poster above hers. As he fiddles with the alarm clock he comments "Wooo. . . . almost forgot about the end of daylight saving time!. . . " To which she replies, "There you go again. . . trying to turn back the clock!. . ."
The reality of waking up on Tuesday to find out that there has been a successful coup (French word) by K***y and that he is now Commander-In-Chief of the most powerful military in the history of the world has given me the worst Halloween chills that I will know today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wonderdog said...

Here's a close second, Stewdog.

First Lady of the United States...Teresa Heinz Scary!

Boo!

October 31, 2004 9:52 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

WD, that first thought was so scary my mind shut down and never got to Her Highness. Thanks for scaring me worse than I was. Now I need a change of clothes.

October 31, 2004 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home