Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, April 22, 2005


Rumpus Riddle Answer #11

Okay, the pressure has gotten to me.

A bright red flower he wears on his head;
His beautiful coat needs no thimble nor thread:
And though he's fearsome, I'll have you know
Ten thousand doors open when he says no!
What is it?


The answer to this Chinese riddle is a Rooster.


Not one person got this riddle correct (without cheating!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Madman of Chu said...

Chinese riddle...hmmm. Does it rhyme in Chinese too? I get the "ten thousand doors" but where does one get "no" from "cock-a-doodle-doo?"

April 23, 2005 11:23 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I hear ya, Madman. I actually doubted my source until I checked the web and found the same wording.

April 23, 2005 12:51 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Hey. . Stewdog got it right, without cheating (who says use of google is cheating. . where are those rules?) about 2 months ago.

April 24, 2005 8:05 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Wacky. I thought about rooster, but it just didn't seem right. I think there's something lost in the translation.

April 29, 2005 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home