Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, July 08, 2005


On the Lighter Side

I know this is old news but I thought this was a cute story.

My two nieces have been very excited about the upcoming arrival of their newest baby boy cousin -- due to make his appearance in 3 1/2 weeks or less as I am 8 months pregnant and scheduled for a cesarean the first few days of August -- and have been eagerly trying out different names for him. My youngest niece who is 3 1/2 years old was trying to be silly and she ran up to me and said, "Aunt Scotty, let's name him Apple!!! " as she threw her head back and laughed. At that we both had a good laugh and she was pretty proud of herself for coming up with such a silly name.

How is it that my 3 year old niece has insight that Ms. Paltrow at 32 did not?

Oh well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Hey, that's wonderful news, Scotty! Hope you feel OK during these last few important (but annoying) weeks.

As for your niece, of course she is right. Apple is a GIRL name. You can name your son PEAR!

July 08, 2005 6:17 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

On the Lighter Side, CIV went to an interesting concert last night. Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture was played (with canons!) with a slight change. The U.S. Army Chorus (21 men) sang the very opening (instead of instruments) and sang along with the instruments at the end. I thought it might ruin the piece, but actually it worked. In fact, I think the singing at the very beginning might even be an improvement (or variation) Tchaikovsky would approve of.

I didn't even know the Army had a chorus. They were awesome.

July 08, 2005 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home