Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, August 28, 2005


Another movie recommendation

Yesterday, after a game of golf, my buddy popped in Kung Fu Hustle. I rolled my eyes and braced myself for a long two hours of Naked Gun type parody of Kung Fu films -- of which type I thought this movie was.

Was I ever wrong.

Wow. What an impressive film. I was caught completely unaware. Not only was this not a silly slapstick slugfest but it was a beautiful film in many ways.

How to describe it? I would say it's a cross between Crouching Tiger and Moulin Rouge. It's a very intriguing and original film with great special effects, hypnotic action/music sequences, a thoughtful script, some humor, strong violence, and some sweet romance. I recommend it highly.

1 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

You say Kung Fu Hustle.
I say The Curley Shuffle.

August 28, 2005 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home