Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Thursday, August 11, 2005


Ode to Kate Marie

I had the audacity, temerity and sheer gall to write a blog critical of Saint Cindy Sheehan.
I noted that some of the comments were removed, probably for reasons of profanity, but one anon comment remained. I was all set to respond, but I saw that the inimitible Kate Marie beat me to the punch. Easily reminded me of a Dylan song, made famous by the Band, Up On Cripple Creek, the chorus of which is as follows:

Up on cripple creek
she sends me
If I spring a leak
she mends me
I don’t have to speak
she defends me
A drunkard’s dream
if I ever did see one.

I will only say this to anon. You talk about "people like (me)". Well, as Kate Marie and Wonderdog can attest, there ARE NO PEOPLE LIKE ME.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

There are no people like you. You said it, brother.

And thanks for the ode. :)

By the way, the other comments were removed because they were advertising. What's up with that? We seem to be getting a lot of that lately.

August 11, 2005 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 11, 2005 10:59 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

What is with this comment spam (advertising) that we're getting all of a sudden?

August 12, 2005 12:31 AM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Blogger's efforts at reducing comment spam are obviously not enough.

August 12, 2005 5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home