Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Tuesday, August 30, 2005


Robert Sheer sneers at Democracy

Robert Sheer at the LA Times is having a hissy fit. Why? Is it because islamo-fascists have blown up more children? Nope. Is it because terrorists have lopped off the head of another westerner? Nope. Is it because religious fanatics in Iraq are murdering people by the hundreds? Nope.

So...Why the hissy fit? Well..Iraq has taken a step closer to Democracy by completing it's constitutional charter, that's why.

Is it just me or does it seem like Robert Sheer is rooting for Democracy to fail in Iraq? Why else would one meet the news of the completion of an historic Democratic constitution in the heart of the Arab world with such sneering pessimism?

Could it be that he'd rather see Dubya fail than freedom prevail?

6 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

He should just change his name to "Sneer". I can't read him anymore. He is a dinosaur of the 60's. There is no balance or objectivity to his rants.

August 30, 2005 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheer is the main reason I discontinued my L.A. Times subscription in 2002. I do have fun with the callers offering great deals to re-subscribe. I ask if Sheer or that perpetual victim Banks is still writing (and I use the term loosely) for the Times. They have no idea so I tell them to get back to me with that info and we'll discuss it. Still waiting for the call back.

- Dirtbiker for W

p.s. - does wonders for the blood pressure.

August 30, 2005 1:50 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Dirtbiker, maybe you can persuade Wonderdog to cancel our subscription to the Times. Frankly, I can't believe he still pays for it. He keeps claiming that, "I like to read the sport's page." Yeah, yeah.

I wonder what he's really doing with it? I keep finding it in the bathroom after he leaves for work...

I suppose that's the proper place for the Times, anyway.

August 30, 2005 4:38 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Wonderdog? A closet Liberal? Has he gone the Leonard Tose Route? Who goofed? I've GOT to know.

August 30, 2005 5:13 PM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

Thank you, Scotty for driving away Rumpus readers with a play by play of Wonderdog's scatological habits.

I will add, however, that a newspaper in the bathroom is a grown man's rite of passage.

And yes I get the Times for their Sports section -- though, I must admit it isn't much of a Sports section anymore. It used to be excellent with the likes of Jim Murray, Mike Downey and even Scott Ostler. But where else am I gonna get my sports fix?

August 30, 2005 11:01 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

A conservative not reading the Times is like a WWII intelligence officer refusing to intercept Japanese and German communiations.

August 31, 2005 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home