Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, January 29, 2006


Dear ABC (and CBS and NBC too)

I am very sorry that your anchor/newman was seriously injured in Iraq. My heart goes out to his family and friends and I wish him a speedy recovery. But, please, the coverage is embarassing. I decided to torture myself by flipping between the 3 major networks for their "news" at 530 tonight. The first 15 minutes on each was devoted to this story, and related stories of bombings and all things bad about Iraq. Enough. I know he is one of yours, but you are supposed to be there to report the NEWS. You people aren't as important as you think you are. Please try to show a little perspective.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Okay, so it wasn't just me; I had the same reaction an hour ago when the injured-journalists story was the top story on our 11 p.m. local newscast. Like you, I certainly mean no disrespect to the injured journalists when I say that something about the coverage was a bit unseemly.

January 29, 2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

OK, the good news is that I'm not a solitary unfeeling clod. The bad news is Jeff is thinking the same way as I, and I recommend that he seek help immediately.

January 30, 2006 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home