Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Wednesday, January 25, 2006


Quote of the Day

"I don't think literature would be possible in a determined world. We might go through the motions but the heart would be out of it. Nobody could then 'smile darkly and ignore the howls.' Even if there were no Church to teach me this, writing two novels would do it. I think the more you write, the less inclined you will be to rely on theories like determinism. Mystery isn't something that is gradually evaporating. It grows along with knowledge."

-- Letters of Flannery O'Connor: The Habit of Being

4 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

Huh? Who determines what is determined and what is undetermined. Who makes that determination? Is it a matter of consensual validation, or is is a product of structural functionalism? The real mystery is where has my knowlege evaporated to, and can I use that preposition to end that clause? I think this Flannery guy has joined me in going the Leonard Tose route!

January 25, 2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

That's Flannery GAL to you, bub.

January 25, 2006 1:00 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Well excuuuuuuuussseee me, Sinead.

January 25, 2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

I have now shaved my head, and I'm braying some tuneless song while tearing up a picture of you in a Pope hat.

January 25, 2006 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home