Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, March 17, 2006


Irish humor

Warning: This joke was told to me by an honest-to-goodness Irish priest. It contains a single questionable word which must be included for the sake of the joke. Stewdog and others of a delicate sensibility might want to avert their eyes.

A monsignor came out of church after saying mass one fine Sunday and happened upon a young boy sitting on a dung heap. The boy was sculpting small figures out of the earthy "clay" beneath him. The monsignor asked the boy what he was doing, and the boy replied, "I'm making little priests." The monsignor smiled and said, "Well, that's fine, my boy, and can you make me a monsignor?" "No, Monsignor," the boy replied. "Why not?" asked the monsignor. The boy glanced at the dung heap upon which he sat, shrugged his shoulders, and said, "I don't have enough shit."

1 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

You reminded me of the Irishman who got so drunk, diosoriented, and confused on his visit to the Vatican that he kissed his wife's ring and smacked the Pope with his coal shovel.
By the way, I think I know that priest of whom you speak. . what a gem, that one.

March 17, 2006 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home