Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, May 07, 2006


Wonderpup chronicles

Wonderpup I (nearly 3) has a bit of an unnatural aversion to "flying buggies." At the risk of spending a night on the couch, I'll tell you all that I attribute this sensitivity to the fact that he once lay nestled in the lovely Scotty's arms while she did a raving banshee routine upon getting buzzed by something or other.

Think the Cowardly Lion when he runs down that hallway and dives through that window and you'll get a sense of it.

Okay, preface complete. Here's how it went today:

Wonderpup I (running from a gnat): Daddy! It's a buggie! It's going to sting me!

Wonderdog: It won't sting you. It's just a little gnat! Gnat's don't sting you, they just fly around and try to bother you. You just say, "shoo buggie, don't bother me!" It's just a little gnat; they don't have stingers.

Wonderpup I: They just have botherers.

(Okay, it's my own kid. I think it's priceless, alright!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

Awwww, that *is* priceless.

May 08, 2006 12:27 AM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Wonderdog, it is time to empower the pup. Buy one of those cheap fly swatters and let the pup loose.

Oh, wait. The pup is only 3? Better limit the swatting to outdoors, unless you have COMPLETELY toddler-proofed your home.

A toddler try to swat a fly (or gnat, if that's all you've got) will provide excellent home video footage. Besides, the only good gnat is a dead gnat -- they ARE bothersome.

May 08, 2006 4:13 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Thanks for the suggestion, CIV. We'll have to try it and see how it goes.

He's got a pretty severe case of it I'm afraid and I have to admit to probably causing it to a certain degree. You see, Wonderpup I and I were discovering nature one day -- it was early evening and we came across a little cricket that I pointed out and and as we were examining this little cricket, all of a sudden it attacked me!! Litterally jumped at me! And I mean, right at me -- What was I supposed to do? Mine was a natural reaction and I liken it to a mother bear simply protecting her young. I had to get away...and fast. Maybe, perhaps I screamed a little...but maybe I didn't. All depends of who's tellin' the story.

Anyway, doesn't this sound like a bunch of malarkey?

Okay, so I don't like buggies -- is that a crime?

May 09, 2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

I suppose it might be a crime if you're a buggie.

May 09, 2006 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home