Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, September 29, 2006


Over and Under

Rated, that is. I got a couple of Dave Mason songs in my head recently and was thinking about how underrated he was. I'm sure some of the readers here might not ever have heard of him, but he worked with the great band Traffic with Steve Winwood and had a number of great songs as a solo artist including We Just Disagree, Can't Stop The Worrying, Only You Know and I Know, Shouldn't Have Took More Than You Gave, Feelin' Alright (Joe Cocker did a great cover), and World In Changes.
So Dave Mason is my nominee for underrated.
Let's see, if I had to vote for overrated, I'd probably pick this guy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Underrated.

September 29, 2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

CIV. .Absolutely. . No doubt that Yoko Ono is incredibly underrated. Sometimes it takes a few generations to put things into perspective. No doubt my great grandchildren will consider her John Lennon's creative superior.

September 29, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

John who?

September 30, 2006 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John who?....I hope that was done tounge in cheek?...the man helped change the direction of pop music and if he doesn't fit your particular opinion of good music, fine, but let us not diminish the man's influence and absolute brand on music history. Yoko or NO Yoko...

September 30, 2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

TP I am certain that CIV was pulling the perverbial leg with that one. We have a lot of John Haters who read this, but you and I know how great he was. So sad and such a waste. I can still pick that special voice out of the old Beatle recordings.
I need to get that great bumper sticker I saw: "Still Pi**ed At Yoko"

September 30, 2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

TP, how can you compare John "Mr. Ono" to his wife, who wrote such brilliant lyrics as:

Children power, (children power)
Children power, (children power)
Children power, (children power)
Children power, (children power)
Children power, (children power)
Children power, (children power)
Children power, (children power)
Children power. (children power)

From Children Power by Yoko Ono.

SD, you are so right that Yoko will have to wait several generations to be recognized. My own rugrat (a teen) prefers the Beatles to not only young rising stars (and role models) such as 50cent, but to the queen of rock herself, Yoko. Sigh.

BTW, you can order your bumper stickers here.

September 30, 2006 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home