Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Thursday, September 21, 2006


With all due respect to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, . . .

. . . this song contains the greatest falsetto note in popular music history.

UPDATE: Searching for that Righteous Brothers video introduced me to the strange and wonderful world of YouTube "Unchained Melody" videos.

I give you The Festival of Unchained Melodies: for Law and Order: SVU fans; for "fat Elvis" enthusiasts; for Severus Snape devotees; for those whose hearts are achin' for Clay Aiken; and for Stewdog.

[Edited to correct misspelling of Frankie Valli's name in the title]

3 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

There's one video I'd like to see before I die. I have a vague but fond memory of watching Steve Martin doing a skit on SNL dressed as an ancient Egyptian (on roller skates, I think) dancing to some tune about King Tut. I am very curious to know if that was as funny as I almost remember it to be.

September 21, 2006 6:58 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

CIV, is this what you've been looking for?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Eva3IhNjvw

September 23, 2006 1:13 AM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Boy, that was a lot different than I remember. But still funny. Thanks for the link, Jeff.

September 23, 2006 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home