Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Saturday, January 20, 2007


Saturday Musings

Went to the grocery store. Had Wheaties on the list (yes, I still eat the Breakfast of Champions when I am too rushed to cook Quaker Oatmeal). Lo and Behold, the box brought a tear of joy to this Cardinal fan's eyes. Chris Carpenter, wearing the "Birds On The Bat" (BOB) on my cereal box, and reminding me that pitchers and catchers will be reporting within the month.

Noticed that Nova Scotia native Dennis Doherty died at 66. Who? Well if you ever enjoyed "California Deaming", "Monday Monday" or any other song by the Mamas and Papas, you had him to thank 25%. Three gone and only Michelle Phillips left.

Stewspouse's car lease is up the end of the month, so I have had the joy of researching and haggling with car dealers. These people make lawyers seem reasonable by comparison. At least we have a code of ethics that we follow sometime. I've learned that the best approach is through the internet, but some dealers simply use that as a tool to get you in there to play games. I should have a new Outback in the garage soon.

Watched a good movie last night I hadn't seen in a while. Miller's Crossing. I think I need to watch it 3 more times to fully comprehend everything. I'm a slow movie follower. They kept saying "What's the Rumpus" a lot. I think we should sue them. After watching it I asked "Can you name a better actor than Albert Finney"?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

I love Albert Finney, Stewdog, but in Miller's Crossing itself, I think Gabriel Byrne surpasses Albert Finney. And so does John Turturro, but he's got a naturally showy role, I guess. And Jon Polito gives them all a run for their money, but maybe that's because he's the only one with "ettics."

And if you give me the high hat, you can take your flunkies and dangle.

January 20, 2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

That's sad news about Denny Doherty. I'll gladly put aside my objections to Baby Boomer nostalgia for such a distinctive songwriter.

January 20, 2007 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home