Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Thursday, April 12, 2007


Don's Done?

Recent report is that Imus has been fired by CBS. I used to listen to him all the time and sort of outgrew him. I respect what he has done for charity. I didn't think that he deserved to be run out of town on a rail, but the lesson learned is that white people simply can't say certain things concerning black people. It is a double standard and it is what it is.
I found myself supporting him simply because of who was attacking him. . those despicable reverse racist and poverty pimp "Reverends". They are far more shameful in toto than a bad joke from an aging shock jock. There is good that did come out of it. It took Anna Nicole off of the headlines.

3 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 12, 2007 5:27 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Johnny Hart was not kept "out of the headlines." His death was covered on the nightly news broadcasts, and Google News shows 670 newspaper stories about him in the four days since he died.

April 12, 2007 6:39 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

I don't know anything about Imus. I've never listened to him, and what little I've heard about him hasn't been good (obviously). So I say good riddance to him.

On the other hand, the sactimonious hypocrisy on display here -- by Al "Jewish Interlopers out of Harlem" Sharpton, by members of the media and political establishment who have gone on his show and turned a blind eye to slurs that are just as bad (for instance, Imus apologized for calling some people "Jewish thieves" by saying he was sorry for using a phrase that was "redundant") -- is shameless, if unsurprising.

And I'm entirely unconvinced by the spectacle of a bunch of people who would otherwise defend the coarsest and most degrading public "discourse" suddenly deciding that these particular remarks are a bridge too far. Imus and so many others have been beyond the pale for a long time now, and I think the general state of our public, "intellectual" and "artisitc" discourse is pathetically degraded.

I'm thankful, though, that the majority of Imus's critics can stop complaining about him and go back to calling people like me puritannical scolds.

April 13, 2007 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home