Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, October 14, 2007


What Were The Odds?

So, I went upstairs to take my Sunday Mid Afternoon Nap, and was reading a bit of Freakonomics (thanks for the loan TP) while Fox News Sunday was on. Lo and behold, the subject of The Nobel Laureate came up. Bill Kriston opined that the Nobel Committee is a bunch of bloviators bestowing honors upon other bloviators. Fred Barnes pointed out that the NY Times basically ignored the Medal of Honor winner and fell all over itself over Senator Gore's honor.

Kate Marie, They must be reading your blogging.

Madmad, I'm sure that if Fred and Bill said it, you agreed with it.

I'm done bloviating now. Where's my damed reward?

PS. Al Gore would be pround of me. I'm a AAA recycler, combine my trips, keep the thermostat low, and ride my bicycle to the post office and the ATM. Maybe the 70's Democrat in me is reawakening! (I actually worked on the Fred Harris '76 campaign in Massachusetts)

3 Comments:

Blogger Madman of Chu said...

Dear Stewdog,

I can tell you where to look for your reward. One hint- it's not in W's vat of blood.

October 14, 2007 6:37 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

I can only hope that he shares the same vat of blood as another Republican president, villified during his tenure, who was responsible for many deaths in a cause he thought just and worth the price. History will tell us.

October 14, 2007 9:12 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

After Freakonomics, you must read the rebuttal in Freedomnomics.

October 16, 2007 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home