Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Saturday, March 01, 2008


French Oscar winner disses 9/11


Best Actress Oscar winner Marion Cotillard, zee little known Fransaay actress, has enlightened us with her weeezdom on the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, D.C.:

"I think we're lied to about a number of things," Cotillard said, singling out the 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center as an example of the US making up horror stories for political ends.
Referring to the two passenger jets being flown into the Twin Towers, Cotillard said:
"We see other towers of the same kind being hit by planes. Are they burned? They [sic] was a tower, I believe it was in Spain, which burnt for 24 hours. It never collapsed. None of these towers collapsed. And there [in New York], in a few minutes, the whole thing collapsed."
She added that the towers, planned in the early Sixties, were an outdated "money-sucker" that would have cost more to modernise than to rebuild altogether, which is why they were destroyed.

It was a few years ago at the Dog of Stew's home that I met a very nice and affable African American man with a wonderful little son whose wife was killed on American Airlines flight 77 which crashed into the Pentagon on September 11th, 2001.

I would like to see Ms. Cotillard attempt to tell her Euro-trashian, anti-American "monaaay suckaaayr" theory to those two beautiful people who are without a wife and mother.

Don't get me started.

2 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

I saw that story yesterday and thought it would be an appropriate topic for the Rumpus to tackle. I'm glad to see it posted here. Perhaps some of the other Rumpus could compare and contrast the dimwit actors/actresses of Europe with those of Hollywood.

On the other hand, since I didn't watch the Oscars, haven't seen a movie in years, and never heard of Ms. Cotillard, I don't suppose I'll really follow most of the analysis.

March 02, 2008 10:35 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Aw, I'm not going to get all that worked up over it. She's a very pretty woman and a very good actress, but not a very good political thinker. Besides, I'm sure it is all calculated. . .she's just angling to get in Oliver Stone's next film.

March 03, 2008 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home