Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Thursday, March 06, 2008


I Have Seen The Future

While out taking my morning constitutional, I noticed that every high schooler I passed was plugged into their ipod. Hmm. . . How about this. . . schools will have the capacity to download educational content into those ipods. Steve Jobs will set up a charitable foundation so economically disadvantaged kids will be able to get one. Instead of listening to gansta rap on the way to school, they could be plugging for that midterm, studying for the SAT, listening to yesterday's lecture on history, getting the class they missed because they were sick, or listening to a vocabulary program.

OK, yeah that is idealistic, and most would use them to download music. . BUT. . . don't let the perfect get in the way of the good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wonderdog said...

You may saaay-ay-ay-ay I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one...

March 07, 2008 8:27 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Hey. . I'm a futurist. It's a gift.

March 08, 2008 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home