Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, May 11, 2008


By George, I Think I've Got It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mind works in strange ways. . . or in my case, the strange mind sometimes works. As I was doing the dishes, somehow the My Fair Lady refrain "all I want is 'enry 'iggins' 'ed came to mind. Then I thought of Full Metal Jacket, which I had watched again this week, and it struck me. . . . Stanley Kubrick ripped off My Fair Lady (who ripped off G.B. Shaw). Isn't the Gunnery Sargent really just Henry Higgins and Gomer Pyle just Eliza Dolittle, transported to a different place? And didn't Pyle just take "all I want is H.H.H. " a little too far?

1 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

SD, I am shocked -- shocked! -- that there were TWO blogs about beer this week on Gypsy Scholar and there was not even ONE comment by you.

May 19, 2008 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home