Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, September 29, 2008


I Called Government!

I have made exactly 2 political phone calls in my life to someone other than the local trash collector or my representative on the City Council (I suspect they are one and the same at times). The first was during the LA Riots when the LAPD completely failed us. I asked the Governor's office to send the National Guard. They were there the next day, but with all due modesty, I suspect that my call wasn't the straw that broke the camel's back.
The other was tonight, when I called the local office for Congressman Berman (I think it is he and not Brad Sherman but since the US House's web site has crashed, I can't verify where the lastest episode of Gerrymandering has left me).
I simply asked that they pass a reform plan. I also requested that he ask Madame Speaker to keep her opinions to herself and not engage in petty politics the next time around.
The drop in the stock market today is 50% less than the entire projected cost of the 'bailout'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home