Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Saturday, September 06, 2008


Quinn The Pin (Head)

A left leaning friend asked if I could produce anything in writing in which Palin's family life was brought up to question her ability to be VP. I submit Ms. Quinn's article as Exhibit A.

Is she prepared for the all-consuming nature of the job? She is the mother of five children, one of them a four-month-old with Down Syndrome. Her first priority has to be her children. When the phone rings at three in the morning and one of her children is really sick what choice will she make? I'm the mother of only one child, a special needs child who is grown now. I know how much of my time and energy I devoted to his care. He always had to be my first priority. Of course women can be good mothers and have careers at the same time. I've done both. Yes, other women in public office have children. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has five children, but she didn't get heavily involved in politics until they were older. A mother's role is different from a father's.

What a bunch of absolute garbage! To me, Sarah Palin is the epitome of the victory of feminism. A woman has CHOICES. She can stay at home and raise kids. She can opt not to have kids. She can be a single mother without marriage. But what she does and how she does it really isn't your business, my business, or Sally Quinn's business. Feminism teaches that you don't apply such a double standard to woman. Would this have been asked if she had "real balls" instead of the massive figurative ones that she clearly possesses?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

You're kidding. She asked if you could produce something in writing?

September 06, 2008 8:00 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

In writing.

Lawyers. Sheesh.

September 07, 2008 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home