Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, September 01, 2008


Stop the Palinsanity!

Noah Millman comments on Palinsanity:

[I]f the Democrats want to win, they really, really need to get control of their anger. The strategy of the anti-Palin forces is incredibly and obviously self-destructive, and the Obama campaign, at least, seems to have figured this out within a day of the announcement. I eagerly await the day his fans come to the same conclusion.

And here's his postscript:

You know, I wrote this post, and made my little points, and then I started working back through some of the comments (not on my posts, actually – I haven’t gotten back that far, and I’m not sure I will). People are seriously losing their minds here, in a way that I’ve never seen before on this site. And not just people who have obviously wandered over here for the first time: regular readers are going off their rockers. I’m really not sure what we all ought to do about this. I wrote a little sermonette but I just deleted it because I can’t imagine anyone who’s gone off their rocker reading it and doing anything but getting angrier.

I don't want to go all feminist on you, but I must say it takes guts for a woman to enter the political arena -- especially when she isn't insulated by lots of money, connections, and a family history in politics. And courage, as they say, is the one virtue that makes all the other virtues possible.

1 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

Heard this quote today, attributed to Mrs. Sarah: "In Alaska, we pose this question. . . What is the difference between a pit bull and a hockey mom?


Lipstick!!!"

September 02, 2008 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home