Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Wednesday, October 08, 2008


History

"Well the world looks just the same. And History ain't changed. . "
The Who We Won't Get Fooled Again

AH. . I repeat my theme song of the Obama Generation.

I slept through most of my High School history classes. I blame the fascist basketball coach/history teacher William Frein, of Bishop Duborg High School (Cavaliers we battle for the Red and White. . we fight for nothing but the right) who would slam my desk near my head when I fell asleep as he droned on about the Roundheads.

But tonight. . history was real. I watched a movie entitled To Kill A King. It was about a guy named Charlie, who has some sort of relationship with a gal who had a drink named after her. . .who followed some Queen named Liz who would later be played not once, but twice by Kate Blanchet, but I digress.

Charlie winds up losing his throne to a bunch of thugs with hats that look round. . I'll call them roundheads. But the guy who heads them and thinks that whacking the King will make everything better.. . .when push comes to shove. . is really no better at all.

So I see the Republicans as the King and the Obamites as the Cromwells and when the roundheads really see that the Emperor has no clothes. . we'll. . . I just don't see much good in it for him.

"I'll move myself and my family aside. . if we happen to be left half alive. . . . I'll sign all the papers and smile at the sky. . . . because you know that the hypnotized never lie".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home