Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Wednesday, April 27, 2005


Curious Casting

Which casting is the most curious?

a) Fred Flintstone as Travis Bickle

b) Ed Asner as Luke Skywalker

c) Harvey Fierstein as Chief Brody

d) Joan Plowright as Freddy Kruger

...I gotta go with (b). While it would be difficult to imagine Flintstone with a mohawk, I think he has just enough unstableness to pull off the mirror scene ("You talkin to me, Barn?"). Firestein would seem an obvious choice here though, call me crazy, but I think he could bring something to Brody that was missing -- flamboyance and a lisp (ssstthhhhmile yoou sttthon-of-a-bitch!). Plowright as Kruger is a bit off-putting but, once you get a little used to the idea, it seems to work in a weird way. Yup, I gotta go with Asner as Skywalker. No matter how hard I try, my imagination just won't allow me to see him bullseyeing wamp rats back home in Beggar's Canyon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

. . . or heading into Toshi station to pick up some power converters.

April 28, 2005 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home