Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Saturday, August 13, 2005


The Many Splendors of Peekaboo

My 8 1/2-month-old daughter, Poopypuppy, is among the most avid players of Peekaboo I have ever encountered. Recently I inserted a universal translation fish into my ear so that I might understand her unique dialect of Poopinese and query her about her love of the sport. The following is a faithful transcript of the interview:

Madman: So, Peekaboo. What do love about it?

Poopypuppy: What don't I love about it? The rush of expectation, the thrill of discovery. I've enjoyed Peekaboo for as long as I can remember, and this is a game that has it all. I can play it for hours.

MM: I'd noticed. But what really lies at the heart of the game?

PP: It's a common misconception that Peekaboo is a game of luck. Sure, chance comes into play, but when your opponent covers his or her face odds are you're going to see it again. The hard thing to control is your expression, whether you are on the peek or the boo end of the transaction. Developing a good "Peekaboo face" takes skill and practice.

So there you go. I see potential here for spectator events and reality TV. World Series of Peekaboo. Celebrity Peekaboo (I'm sure Janeane Garafolo and Christine Lahti are available). Maybe a Peekaboo-themed romantic comedy or dramatic series (NY Peeka- Blue?). Anyone out there who wants to run with this idea, be my guest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

NY Peeka-Blue sounds great as long as there's no more peekaboo with Dennis Franz's backside.

I can't wait to see Poopypuppy.

August 13, 2005 7:10 PM  
Blogger Madman of Chu said...

Kate Marie,

I accidently fried and ate the translation fish, but just before I did Poopypuppy told me she was eager to see you and that you should be ready to "bring it" ("it" presumably being a dishtowel, hanky, or some other textile item large enough to hide your face behind).

August 13, 2005 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home