Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, September 18, 2005


Ex-Beatle Suspected in Scandinavian Arson Case

Charges were brought against Paul McCartney today at the High Court in Oslo, Norway. The complainant, Helga Svensgunter, accused McCartney of one count of arson dating back to 1962. "When I met Paul he told me he was in some 'rock' band that was playing in Hamburg and that he had come up on holiday," explained Svensgunter. "I never listen to pop music, only classical, so I didn't take him seriously. I assumed he was homeless. He hadn't had his hair cut for weeks, his trousers were ripped, and he kept winking, which I assumed to be a nervous tick brought on by hunger. I invited him back to my flat, we had a lovely chat, and then I let him sleep in the bathtub. When I left for work the next morning he was still snoring away, so I didn't disturb him, and when I came back that evening my flat had burned down. I never thought to accuse Paul until recently when my friend Olga played me the song he wrote about that night, especially the last verse-

And when I awoke
I was alone
This bird had flown
So, I lit a fire
Isn't it good- Norwegian wood?
"

Spokesman for the musician deny any knowledge of this incident on Sir Paul's behalf.

4 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

I think John wrote that song, which would clear Paul of all charges.

September 18, 2005 8:06 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Also, as you think of this song, I see it as a song of confessed impotence pre ED drugs. She wanted him in the 60's when everyone 'did their own thing'. If he didn't accomodate her, it could only mean that he had a problem with his "Liverpool Wood", if you catch my drift.

September 18, 2005 8:47 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

The best thing about that song is the predominance of that most Norwegian of instruments, the sitar.

September 19, 2005 9:50 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

True. . often played in the sauna in winter. I think it was made popular by Ragnar Solveig Shankar.

September 19, 2005 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home