Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Wednesday, September 14, 2005


Ophelia hits N.C. coast -- How did this happen?

Ophelia has hit the N.C. coast. CNN is reporting that Bush failed to divert the heavy winds back into the Atlantic. Wolf Blitzer had new FEMA director David Paulison on this morning and asked him, "How could this have happened again? Mr. Paulison, when is this administration going to admit that it simply lacks the experience, intelligence, and know-how to prevent hurricanes from hitting our shores? I mean, what can the American people expect next? Earthquakes? Tornados? Rain? How can you simply stand by and allow this to happen?" To which Paulison replied, "There are many difficult challenges in the world today, Wolf, and Acts of God are particularly tricky. We did have a plan, however, to strategically place Ted Kennedy, Joe Biden, and Patrick Leahy along the Carolina Coast, hoping they could blow enough hot air in the vicinity of the hurricane to change its course but, alas, they scratched at the last minute. Something about having to stay in the senate and use their bloviating abilities to besmirch a man's good name.

8 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

Who goofed, I've GOT to know.

September 14, 2005 12:30 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

You've got that right, Wonderdog. Man -o-man, Joe Biden pisses me off. Watching him yesterday (I haven't the chance to watch Fox News today -- been watching Thomas the Tank Engine and Alice in Wonderland...) questioning Roberts was almost more than I could bear. I nearly changed the channel to watch a mind numbing soap opera!! Well, since there is virtually zero chance of that happening, I continued to watch Biden make a fool and a jackass out of himself...as usual.

September 14, 2005 3:19 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

You would not believe how hot and steamy it was here this morning. Those hearings are really messing up the weather in this region. Too much hot air for the middle of September.

September 14, 2005 3:52 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Joe Biden is a national treasure.
There simply are not adequate words to describe him. I wish that there was a committee hearing everyday so I could listen to him to start my day. He simply doesn't realize what an A hole he is.

September 14, 2005 4:07 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

It is hot and steamy here AGAIN. When will those hearings end? Poor Jeff is going to melt.

September 15, 2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

No way, dude; I've escaped to the beach! It's hellaciously humid out here, too, though--and I made the mistake of coming here during Bike Week. Apparently I'm going to be the sole Poindexter among 150,000 glass-chewing bikers and their, er, paramours. Still, it's better than D.C. during a Supreme Court confirmation hearing...

September 15, 2005 11:07 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

You picked a great week to be away. The weather's awful again -- you'd think it was August.

What beach? Dewey? OC? We favor the Outer Banks, but that was NOT the place to be this week.

September 16, 2005 11:26 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Oh, I know--I was in D.C. until last night, and the humidity was unbelievable. I'm bayside in O.C. now. I have relatives with a tiny condo here, so during the off season, I'm able to stay rent-free, relax, and get some work done. My family first started coming here nearly 30 years ago, and it's amazing how little has changed.

September 16, 2005 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home