Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, January 29, 2006


"Crazy world. They outta sell tickets. Shoot, I'd buy one."

I don't mean any disrespect toward this poor woman but, I'm sorry, this face transplant story made me laugh -- especially this tidbit:

Five months earlier, Miss Dinoire's features were destroyed when her Labrador savaged her while she was unconscious after a drug overdose. Her face was left a patchwork of torn flesh and exposed bone so shocking that one of her two teenage daughters refused to look at her.

Her own Labrador? That's one creepy-ass dog, dude. Suddenly, I'm having visions of that Rottweiler in The Omen.

I grew up with dogs (mostly German Shepherds) and have slept beside them many a time and I'll tell you this with complete honesty; never for a nanosecond would I have ever dreamed that one of them would rip my face off whilst I lay unconscious beside them.

In the parlance of our times, what is up with that?

One more thing. Setting aside the obvious shot I could take at the "drug overdose", did I read correctly that her daughter refused to look at her? Nice. I mean, maybe it would be one thing if she simply "couldn't bear" to look at her but to just flat out "refuse"?

Maybe that daughter is the demon spawn that that hound from hell was protecting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

C'mon WD. Give the dog a break. Do we know what she was doing during her last conscious drugged out minutes before passing out? Hell, maybe the dog attached her while she was awake, but she doesn't remember or doesn't want to say what was going on. And maybe the daughter has other reasons for "refusing" to look at her druggie mom. Let's not rush to judgment here.

January 30, 2006 6:54 AM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

You're right, CIV. Perhaps this is a rush to judgment. If the maul was legit, we must acquit!

January 30, 2006 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home