Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, January 13, 2006


I Walked That Line

Stewwife is an actor/actress/actorperson who gets to attend free screenings of nominated films. Last night I let her drag me off the couch to the theater at the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences in North Hollywood. The Leonard Goldenson Theatre is beautiful and has great acoustics. In addition to the event being free of charge, thus fitting into Stewdog's budget, there was no popcorn noises, no kids talking, no cell phone calls, no previews, and no commercials. Great way to see a film.
Oh, to the movie. I thought that I would like this film and I did. So did most critics. The two leads were superb and the music is infectious. My only criticisms are that it ran a little long and that, like Ray, to a lesser degree, it focused too much on the negative of a great celebrity's life.
Two big paws up from Stewdog.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Do tell: what was the film?

January 13, 2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

I'm assuming one of Stewdog's links was meant to be to Rotten Tomatoes, but I'm sure the movie was Walk the Line. Were you being sarcastic, Jeff, or are you bleary-eyed and fuzzy-headed from hours of Civ. 4? :)

January 13, 2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

No sarcasm intended! Besides, I haven't purchased Civ 4. I'm resisting, because I'm too busy these days, and I'd rather not emerge with a Howard-Hughes beard and crazy-dude fingernails after six sleepless weeks of simulated warfare...

January 13, 2006 10:51 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Walk the line it was.
Just finished watching Cinderalla Man. Why is it that nothing makes great movies like boxing.
Russell Crowe is, as always, fantastic, as was Bart Giamannti's kid.
You can have Rene Zellwagger, wigger, or whatever. Should have been hit by a truck after Jerry McGwire. KM's sister is right. She always looks like she just smelled dog poop.

January 13, 2006 10:55 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

I've never actually played one of those Civilization games. It sounds like something I'd want to keep my husband from ever discovering!

January 13, 2006 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home