Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Wednesday, January 25, 2006


More useless idiots

This Joel Stein column from the Los Angeles Times was all over the blogsophere yesterday.

Here's a sample of Hugh Hewitt's on-air interview with Stein:

HH: All right. Now who is your...this is a column about the troops that begins, "I don't support our troops." We'll get to the specifics in a second. But who is your closest family member or friend who is on active duty?

JS: That's an excellent question. I wouldn't say I have a very close friend. I would say only acquaintances. No family at all.

HH: Who are your acquaintances?

JS: There was a guy who works at Time, that's where I worked last, who quit to serve in the military.

HH: What's his name?

JS: (pause) You know, I'm blanking on his name. But your point is well taken that I don't have many people that I even know who are in the military.

HH: Do you have any, though, other than this guy at Time whose name you can't remember?

JS: Who are serving currently?

HH: Yeah.

JS: Or ever served?

HH: No, serving currently.

JS: Or only in Iraq?

HH: Active duty. Anywhere in the world.

JS: (pause) I'd say I've been pretty isolated from that. I mean, that's a point I made in the column.

The entire transcript and audio is up at Radio Blogger.

2 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Wow. That was some interview. What a dope.

January 25, 2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

I glance over his stupid article and then saw if featured in Drudge and looked at it again. It is just a vapid little piece of attention demanding drivel.
But one thing I have noticed. . on the News Hour on PBS when they have their honor roll of the dead from "over there", they all seem to be kids from small towns in the red states who are fighting. Not a lot of Berkeley, Santa Monica, Santa Cruz casualties there.

January 25, 2006 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home