Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, June 05, 2006


Cut it out

I was discussing the scariest movie ever made with my cousin yesterday, and he said that the infamous head-spinning scene had actually ruined the film for him. Now, I think it's a great movie, of course, but I could see my cousin's point. The head-spin not only looks kind of phony by today's special effects standards, but it also violates the logic of the story. Unlike my cousin, I can ignore the scene, but I'd gladly have excised it if I had directed or edited the movie.

Which scene from your favorite movie or movies would you cut?

3 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

I would cut each an every scene in which Al Gore appears in the film An Inconvenient Truth.

I would eliminate the boat sinking in Titanic.

I would cut out everything from It's a Wonderful life except the scenes where he goes back to Pottersville.

I would cut every scene in every Michael Moore film.

I would cut the ent of Wizard of Oz. She should stay in Oz.

June 05, 2006 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scariest movie ever made - Picnic. Watch it again and see if you don't agree.

- Dirtbiker for W

June 07, 2006 7:03 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

LOL, Dirtbiker!

June 07, 2006 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home