Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Tuesday, June 27, 2006


The wave


I dove through a wave this past weekend. It had been a while since I had taken such a plunge.

It was cold. It was invigorating. It was gushing and rushing. When I emerged from its tumult into peaceful waters, I wore it in my eyes and pushed it through my hair.

It was a wave about a year in the making. It was my wave. We were destined to crash. I met its rolling wall and pierced it with a seaward lunge. I dove toward depths, fathoms, crags, thrashing creatures, and a vast silence.

I turned back to see it splatter upon the sand and play out its end at my wife and children's feet. In an instant, our convergence was past and we were beyond one another, touching each other's beautiful mysteries.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that managed to take such a good photograph and still jump through it.

June 27, 2006 7:45 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

WD. That was no wave. You merely got so tanked at the picnic that you spilled your beer all over yourself. The 'salt' was from my wife's margarita.

June 27, 2006 9:33 AM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

Menace, you do well to be impressed. It's amazing what a google image search can do for you these days!

SD, that might explain why the wave smelled a bit malty and barley-ish...As for your wife's margarita, you're mistaken. She specifically asked for no salt.

June 27, 2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

Nice, WD.

June 27, 2006 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home