Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, August 04, 2006


Checking in with some random thoughts

Am I just imagining it or is the media rooting for the Hezbollah terrorists?

It seems Israel gets blamed by the media for having better weaponry. Yes, Israel's bombs wreak greater havoc because they work really well and they hit their targets. Just because Hezbollah's missles have the precision and impact of a scud and often tend to fall harmlessly, does that mean it's okay? Here's an analogy to help. Hezbollah man sticks a gun to my head and pulls the trigger but it fails to go off. Israel man sees this violent act and blows him away. Call me crazy but I kinda like Israel man better.

I caught a late night viewing of the original Rocky the other night. It's quite possible that it's my favorite movie of all time. I'm not saying it's the best movie of all time, merely my favorite.

Da da da da da dada DA dadada...Can one listen to that and refrain from throwing punches in the air? Gimme some raw eggs, man! Gimme some steps to run up! Gonna fly now, baby! Flyin' high now!

This is a cool video sent to me by our own Daryl Ann.

I've always liked Mel Gibson and most of his movies but I'm now willing to admit that the guy is kind of a freak and an anti-semite. The funny thing about anti-semitism, however, is that its something that a great many societies implicitly condone yet condemn if it is spoken; that is, if it's spoken by the right target. Mel Gibson is the right target. Cindy Sheehan and Jesse Jackson are not. Please don't get me wrong. I'm not defending Mel Gibson. I despise anti-semitism. But I also despise hypocrisy.

I dare anyone to flip through all the channels on your tv and not find a poker game. It's really kind of irritating -- "World Series of Poker", "Celebrity Poker", etc. Does anyone really want to see a slow-motion replay of Jennifer Aniston's straight flush? Do I really care that Owen Wilson is sitting pretty with a pair of Jacks? What's next? "Celebrity Dominoes"? "Celebrity Backgammon"?

For anyone still reading these ramblings, I'm sorry for you. I'll put you out of your misery now and go to bed.

4 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

I love ramblings. I agree with you on Poker. . since when did it become a spectator sport? Just ridiculous. But it is just a symptom of the world's addition to gambling.
As for Hezbollah. . . the fact that Israel has better quality weaponry is de facto evidence that anytime they shoot, they are engaging in a 'disproportionate response', the buzz phrase of the moment. I suppose Israel should be limited to one missile for every 3 shot by 'the soon to be martyred'.
In fact, I told my dad yesterday that I was ashamed of him. As a naval officer in the Pacific in WWII, he engaged in a 'disproportionate response' to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. If that happended today, the chattering class would insist we only kill and sink as many ships as they did ours. Sheesh!

August 04, 2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

So...this is what you stayed awake in the wee hours of the night writing??

The oldest Wonderpup wakes up at ummm 3:15 ish and has to go 'tinkle tinks' and I notice Wonderdog is type...type...typing at the computer and I think..."Well, I'm sure it'll be worth reading tomorrow..."

Umm...maybe not.

August 04, 2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Busted, WD. Hoisted on your own blogging petard!

August 05, 2006 7:19 AM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

I think Scotty's suffering from IHMHBHCHACABLWICPDADS. For the uninitiated that stands for "I Hate My Husband Because He Comes Home And Complains About Business Lunches While I'm Changing Poopy Diapers All Day Syndrome".

August 07, 2006 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home