Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, September 11, 2006


For the Birds

I felt like Tippi Hedren yesterday.
First I find a very tiny bird trapped in our storage structure. He was buzzing about a window trying to get out. I nudged him with the pool net and he went to a second window above the door. I worked to coax him down to the door, and he shot across the room and slammed into another window. I thought he killed himself, but was just temporarily knocked unconscious. I got him out where he slowly regained consciousness and he made his escape before the cats even knew he was there.
THEN at dinner, Stewdaughter I sees a critter on the front gate. I can't make it out. I get my flashlight. Still no good. I think it is a possum, but has a red head. I go out. It is a ROOSTER.
It then makes itself at home by our window and was still there this morning. He finally headed out just before I did.
What a world. What a world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is a sign that you should get some hens...and a few cows in that exspansive back yard of yours and become "Farmer Stewdog"...you and the little women out there collecting the eggs and milking the cows...ahh...bringing a little of the Midwest to sunny SoCal!!!

September 12, 2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Leave it to Templeton PECK to comment on my birds. But there's more. Mr. Rooster disappeared yesterday morning, but showed up again last evening. . and then two chickens appeared. Quick. . call PETA before I cook them all!

September 12, 2006 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home