Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Wednesday, October 04, 2006


What's the best American fiction film of the last twenty five years?

Add your two cents here.

I should note that the film I consider best of the past twenty five years (hint: it gave this blog its name) isn't necessarily my favorite, though it is one of my favorites. That honor probably goes to The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Neither film, however, fits the criterion for Michael Blowhard's related "survey."

And here, apropos of not much, is the "Danny Boy" scene from Miller's Crossing.
[Warning: graphic R-rated gangster violence]

1 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

I will go with Fargo.
I'm amazed at some of the suggestions on that blog's comments. Blue Velvet is one of the WORST movies EVER in any category.

October 04, 2006 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home