Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, November 03, 2006


Report this, Borat



November 22 is set to be the most important date in cinema history since Thomas Alva Edison accidentally drooled upon some plastic he was trying to develop into a form of adhesive tape (the race to that invention would eventually be won by J. Fitzkillgaren "Scotch" MacBernaclough) and invented the motion picture industry. On that day Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny opens in theaters nationwide and human civilization will never be the same. Bleating herds of critics have crowned Sacha Baron Cohen the new genius of "guerilla" comedy for Borat, a movie that courageously asks the question "if you pretend to be a foreigner and act like a deranged anti-Semitic moron will Americans catch on to the gag (the answer, shockingly, is no)?" However, Cohen is but a small fleck of rancid undigested goat meat floating in the fourteen-ton colon of the rampaging Behemoth that is the sheer comic talent of Tenacious D, a comic duo who dare to ask the question "can two geeky idiots pretend to be rock stars and con hordes of fans into going along with the charade (the answer, happily, is 'Yes!')?" I'm sure I can speak for everyone else here at the Rumpus when I say that your very life depends on your going to see the Tenacious D movie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I don't need to see the movie, maaaan. I've already lived it.

November 04, 2006 12:36 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

"Can two geeky idiots pretend to be rock stars and con hordes of fans into going along with the charade (the answer, happily, is 'Yes!')?"
Seems to me that Wayne's World set the stage for that point!

November 04, 2006 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After just wasting 2 hours of my life watching Mr.Black's LAST film " NACHO LIBRE" ...that I was told more than once was a " MUST SEE"....I can say without reservation, that I will NOT be rushing out to see this one. Perhaps on a slow Netflix week I'll add it in, but that is doubtful, trust me.

November 04, 2006 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home