Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, March 30, 2007


The Bad Seed continued...


Okay, time to relate the sociopathic little girl pageant queen story.

Let me first preface this by saying that I tuned into this show late at night and out of sheer remote thumb exhaustion. The show, I believe, is called "The American Dream Vote". Its premise is to bring various contestants on and have them tell us their American "dream" and the audience (and America?) vote to determine whose dream will be realized and bankrolled by the show.

One contestant was the mother of a little beauty pageant queen (about ten years old) and her "dream" was to see her daughter become Miss America (How the show can make this happen, I'm not sure. Are they implying Miss America judges can be bought? David Hasselhoff susceptible to a bribe? I think not!). As part of her plea, she was then allowed to show a short promotional type video of her daughter in day to day pursuit of this dream. The video shows her daughter winning various pageants and being crowned a number of times with hair-sprayed hair, shiny dress, sash, and excessive make-up. This is creepy enough but horror soon follows.

The video then shows the little beauty queen walking the floors of a children's hospital in full crown and sash regalia. She then announces to the camera with a plastic smile and rehearsed enthusiasm that children's leukemia is her "cause". After a few shots of her visiting children in their beds, and with the same false smile and enthusiasm, she then announces to the camera -- "I'm proud to say that several little girls have been buried wearing my crowns."

I immediately hit the rewind on my DVR to convince myself that I heard it wrong. I heard it right. I called Scotty in to verify it and she slowly dropped her jaw and confirmed it.

As I turned out the lights and made sure the front door was locked before going to bed, I glanced out the front window and was afraid I might see her standing there. I slept restlessly.

In case you were wondering, the mother was mercifully voted off the show.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

Oh. My. God.

March 30, 2007 6:57 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Uneasy is the head that wears the crown. . INDEED!!!!

March 30, 2007 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god...the horror...the horror... hey?...she didn't ask her mother " what will you give me for a basket full of kisses?" did she?.....in her little tappety tap shoooooeeessss....!!!

March 30, 2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

"Little Miss Upadeeeeeeee..."

Thinking the Rumpusers need to do a "Bad Seed" night!

March 30, 2007 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely Dog!!! I can never get enough of that movie.. we can all wear tap shoes ...and get a bunch of excelsior and make beds on the floor behind the furnace!

March 30, 2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Now, I'm scared to go anywhere...

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

March 30, 2007 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home