Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, April 16, 2007


Out and About Again

Hugh Hewitt interviewed Rudy Giuliani last week.

Here's Rudy on baseball:

My first memories, actually, are of baseball. My father came from Manhattan, and my mother from Brooklyn. And my mother sort of required my father to live in Brooklyn near her family. And his revenge was to make me a Yankee fan right in the shadow of Ebbets Field. So my early experiences were being thrown in the mud by the Dodgers fans that have made me a very, very loyal Yankee fan. And then I remember my first Yankee game, Joe DiMaggio and Dominic DiMaggio were playing on opposite teams, Joe for the Yankees, and Dominic for the Red Sox. And Iā€¦baseball was a large part of my early life. . .

My heroes have always been chess players.

My heroes have rarely, if ever, been adolescents, of any age.

Here are Fouad Ajami on Iraq and Peter Beinart on "the Kosovo conundrum."

If you're a college applicant these days, the S.A.T. isn't the only thing you have to worry about. Beware the "Admissions Police."
(Hat tip: Conservative in Virginia)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home