Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, February 24, 2008


Conforming to independence


I'm having an insomniac type of night and am currently tuned into a replay of the Independent Film Spirit Awards show thingy on the Independent Film Channel.

Here's my only real assessment of this pretentious piece of see-rrr-ay-peee:

It seems that all male parties to this "independent" cavalcade were advised by their fashion consultants to wear three day beards, funky sport jackets, no tie, funky eyewear, and fake faded jeans. Every single guy I've seen looks like this.

This is conformity to the extreme. Show me some "independence" by showing up in white tie and tails. It's all so like totally Hollywood fascist !!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Reminds me of a teacher who, commenting on a story about 2 girls who kissed in the cafeteria to fulfill their class assignment to do something "different", suggested "How about they clean up their trays after lunch?"

February 24, 2008 7:50 AM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

Hey, WD! Nice to see you here.

February 24, 2008 9:02 AM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

CIV, great story. I think it hits the mark better than my lame analogy to society.

KM...I was in the neighborhood, feeling a bit daffy...

I've been away in Tibet, wearing a robe and looking out on vast vistas from a cliffside and blowing a horn.

I say we try to kick this blog into gear again.

February 24, 2008 10:21 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Um. . it has been in High Gear. . Now we have to deal with your inane meanderings bringing us all down. There goes the freaking neighborhood!

February 24, 2008 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home