Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Thursday, August 28, 2008


Obama speech

In reading through all the reaction to Obama's speech, my favorites were really these two afterthought posts by Jonah at The Corner:

I had to turn to MSNBC because of all the email saying Matthews and Olbermann were going over the top, jumping the shark, and breaking out into full-blown man crushes. Going by the tag-team heads-past-the-schincter butt-kissing of Jesse Jackson I just watched, I have to say these readers did me an enormous disservice in downplaying the grotesqueness of their display.

and this (Jonah posting an email from a friend):

Mr. I wish I was Ed Murrow just castigated the AP's Charles Babbington because he did not assent to the MSNBC party line that Obama's speech was fantastically awesome. It really was something to see.

Sorry I missed Olbermann and Matthews. They're always about 4 points higher than everyone else on the Obama meter. Based on their 11 out of 10, I'll give him a 7 and call it a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home