Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Friday, November 21, 2008


Have we all gone mad?

Ashlee Simpson, some celebrity I'm only vaguely aware of, has apparently named her newborn baby Bronx Mowgli.

Um . . . I have no words.

Unfortunately, the celebrity mania for giving children names that most people wouldn't even consider for their pets seems to be trickling down to the poor saps in flyover country. Cashew has two -- count 'em, two -- girl classmates named Addison. And, no, neither of them appears to have two daddies addicted to Bette Davis films.

2 Comments:

Blogger stewdog said...

Time moves on and leaves us in the dust. Apple is now sounding like a very staid and conservative choice for a girl.

My all time favorite is from my friend's class in NY. . Shithead (pronounced Sha-teed)

November 21, 2008 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some acquaintances of mine have a kid named Addison. I kind of like the name, and it's turning out to be popular for girls. Unfortunately for my acquaintances' kids, he's a boy.

November 21, 2008 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home