Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, November 02, 2008


A Matter Of Interpretation

In The Wizard Of Oz, there is a scene when the Wicked Witch sky writes "Surrender Dorothy" (Which, by the way, would be a GREAT name for a musical act).

I see the 2 words as subject to 2 different interpretations:
1. They should surrender Dorothy
2. Dorothy should surrender herself.

I vote #1. Any other thoughts out there?

(Anything to get my mind off of this election tonight)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

I vote #1, too. That's how I've always interpreted it.

November 02, 2008 10:46 PM  
Blogger Alpheus said...

I thinks it's #1.

Is this any kind of evidence?

November 03, 2008 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always assumed it was #2 and that the comma was missing. (It's hard to make a smoke comma on a flying broom, you know.)

November 03, 2008 2:14 PM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

I'm with Jeff. Just too hard to manipulate that broom at such high speeds to form a comma. One must also take note that the good dimwits of the emerald city, after reading the message, didn't even know who Dorothy was. They all went running to the little man behind the curtain for answers. Did the witch give them too much credit? I think not. No, no; that message was for Dorothy and Dorothy alone. It was mano e mano...especially after that ruby slipper business.

November 03, 2008 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home