Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Thursday, January 27, 2005


Blogs from underground

"The long and the short of it is, gentlemen, that it is better to do nothing! Better conscious inertia! And so hurrah for underground! Though I have said that I envy the normal man to the last drop of my bile, yet I should not care to be in his place such as he is now (though I shall not cease envying him). No, no; anyway the underground life is more advantageous. There, at any rate, one can ... Oh, but even now I am lying! I am lying because I know myself that it is not underground that is better, but something different, quite different, for which I am thirsting, but which I cannot find! Damn underground!"

-- Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground

You didn't happen to see any tsunamis while I was gone, did you?
Confirmation Hearing senator commies?
The passing of late night tv Johnnies?
Freedom wrought by American armies?

Damn underground...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

Hey, Underground Man!

Great little lyric, bro.

Come back out into the light of day, man!

January 27, 2005 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home