Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, January 30, 2005


blogs from underground

My Soul

My soul, when you were a child
you were not so easily beguiled.
Your infancy was your maturity.
Your aging is your obscurity.

Not then, as now, did you find
the oppressiveness of the mind;
the dark thought that clouds your joy;
the betrayal of your viceroy.

cerebral clods have buried you deep
as you struggle to mount their heap.

Oh, prevail! The brain implores you.
He surrenders, worships and adores you.
Rise now. Speak now. I abdicate this verse.
The final lines are yours now to disperse.

...I was given to end this rhyme,
yet I was speaking all the time.
You are merely a function of my hate.
Through you I lament my fallen state.

-- Anonymous

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

Tell me the truth. Did you write that?

January 31, 2005 11:25 AM  
Blogger stewdog said...

I am willing to bet that he did.
I don't know any other pervert who would wax poetic about "mounting heaps".

January 31, 2005 2:26 PM  
Blogger Wonderdog said...

I would never pen such pretentious, pyrotechnical, tripe.

Stewdog, read this and repeat aloud: Wee Todd Did. I am sofa king Wee Todd Did.

January 31, 2005 3:09 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Wee Todd Did? I am sofa king Wee Todd Did?????

I care not what activities were performed by some diminutive fellow named Todd. Neither do I have any inclination to listen to those Nattering Nabobs on television telling me they will beat any price or my sofa or big screen tv is "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

January 31, 2005 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home