Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Sunday, January 30, 2005


Morning Musings

Stewdog is enjoying his first weekend off in 3 weeks. So this is what normal people do.
Saw Finding Neverland yesterday. I loved it. Other than a miscast Dustin Hoffman, some confusion on my part re reality v. fantasy in one scene, and having to put up with the grotesque populace who shake the ice in their cups, eat hot dogs next to me, and make a lot of noise with stinky popcorn, it was great. First time I went to a movie theater in a couple of years. I like having the big screen, but I would rather watch at home.

LA Times is at it again. They have a grotesque huge cartoon on page 1 of the editorials. Surprisingly they have a couple of anti abortion political cartoons on the inside, but it is only in the context of what other editorial writers are posting. They also had a puff piece of the Queen of the Dark, Babs Boxer (BabsII, as history will no doubt remember her). Hopefully, in 6 years, AAAAnold will run against her and smite the miserable creature. "The Boxer Revolution" is the catch pharse for her antics. Well, you can't have a revolution without something "revolting" so I guess the moniker sticks.

Congratulations to the brave Iraqis who went to the polls en mass, despite the best efforts to stop them on the part of Al ZerKOWEE, El Kida and Gentla, Dan Rather, Ted Kennedy and the New York Times.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wonderdog said...

I liked the Michael Ramirez cartoon of the democracy tree taking root in Iran, Syria, etc. I know the Times must be trying to figure out a way to dump him but it's kinda hard when the guy's got a Pulitzer already.

First movie in a couple years? Hey Stewdog,were you still expecting the cartoon? Sheesh.

As for Babs Boxer, I think the Dem party is urging her to run for prez in 2008 just to make Hillary look normal by comparison.

January 30, 2005 2:41 PM  
Blogger stewdog said...

Apparently her "frothing mad dog" schtick is playing well in Petaluma, because the money comes in when the mouth opens up. We clearly showed ourself to be a bipolar state at the Condi hearing, with Diane Feinstein introducing her and supporting her and Babs II
doing a rendition of "liar, liar, pants on fire."
What an embarassment the Senate is with the like of Babs, Ted the Whale, and I'm OKKK, You're OKKK Bob Byrd.
Everytime I hear Robert Byrd speak, I'm reminded of Don Imus' "They should wipe the oatmeal off of his chin, pin his name and phone number on his sweater, and drop him off at the dog track for the day."

January 30, 2005 3:32 PM  
Blogger Kate Marie said...

Hey Stewdog,

Thanks for the movie recommendation -- I've been wanting to see Finding Neverland. Hubby and I actually went out to a movie last night (first time in a theater since Return of the King), and either my expectations have been permanently debased, or In Good Company was a very nice little movie. We also rented Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind the other day, and I thought that one was VERY good. I'm working on a mini-review at the moment.

You should be commended for continuing to take the Left Angeles Times and keeping us abreast of what's happening in enemy territory. I appreciate the "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" kind of strategy.

January 30, 2005 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home