Today is


   "A word to the wise ain't necessary --  
          it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
					-Bill Cosby

Monday, June 27, 2005


Time Passages

No, I don't mean the Al Stewart song, I mean me. Stewdog's kennel has consisted of 2 female pups, 4 and 1/2 years apart in age. The leader of the pack graduated college last month, and the runt of the litter just bolted from high school last Thursday and is on her way to Mexico today on an "Invasion Tour" (she was given two pieces of advice. . don't stray from the campus and don't show up on a Girls Gone Wild video).
But I digress. It struck me today that I didn't have to rush this morning to try to jam some resemblance to breakfast down a sleepy girl's throat and get her out the door to school, like I have been doing for one or the other for the last 15 or so years. I don't know whether to kick up the heels laughing or dab a tear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Marie said...

Ya done good, Stewdog. You should dab a tear, kick up the heels, and then pat yourself on the back.

June 27, 2005 3:14 PM  
Blogger Conservative in Virginia said...

Stewdog, how are you surving this pupless week?

June 29, 2005 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home